5 Benefits of Professional Garage Epoxy Flooring Services
Concrete garage floors don?t shy away from showing their age. As years go by, they lose their brilliant luster which gets replaced by discolorations, cracks, chips, road debris, and motor oil leak stains that comes with heavy use. The easiest way to add that dazzle back on your garage floor, whether it be a personal or commercially used space, is by professionally upgrading your flooring system with a surface that?s aesthetically pleasing, easy to clean, durable and robust.
Epoxy flooring in Wilmington, DE is a popular floor option that?s used by both homeowners and industrial building owners who need a surface that can withstand heavy traffic and still keep its sheen. Epoxy is a type of resinous flooring that involves a two-part application- a base material and a hardener (or activator) is mixed together and gets applied to concrete to create a non-porous and smooth surface.
What Are the Benefits of Epoxy Flooring?
1. Clean and smooth surface– This type of flooring does not have joints that are found in tiles. So you don?t have to worry about dirt or bacteria caking in the seams. You also don?t have to stress over maintaining its newness by continually buffing and waxing the surface.
2. Durable– These floors, when done right, are long-lasting, resistant to chemicals and standing water (which is exceptionally important in industrial facilities), crack resistant unlike ceramic flooring, and are easy to clean. Even if there are spills they don?t soak into the surface and can easily be wiped away.
3. Scratch-resistant– Professionally done epoxy floors usually get coated with a clear, scratch-resistant sealant once the epoxy dries. This coating makes the surface resistant to chips, cracks, and stains left by oil, gasoline and road salt.
4. No need to worry about bubbles, blisters and band bonding– These are side-effects of lousy preparation and application which often occurs when people try using DIY kits.
? Bubbling- happens when air gets trapped under the epoxy layer due to the coat being exposed to sunlight or if it’s applied in a cold room.
? Blistering- occurs when liquid soaks into the epoxy coating and builds up under the surface.
? Weak bonding- can result in cracking and peeling. This can occur if the flooring isn?t prepared correctly with a thorough cleaning, the coating isn’t made with the correct ratio of resin and hardener or if the surface isn’t primed right.
5. Get industrial strength epoxy– Professionals work with industrial strength epoxy and equipment that is the same as the ones used in hospitals, fire stations, and malls. These are made to endure exhaustive wear and tear. DIY epoxy paint kits often give you inferior results that are prone to peel away faster.
Also, it?s a myth that professionally installed epoxy garage flooring is priced exorbitantly high. Most professionals will give you an affordable quote and a warranty. Plus, the quality of work will always be superior to what you will get by trying to upgrade your flooring on your own.
My garage was so cluttered and a total mess, I was always embarrassed to have the door open! Not anymore!! Floorguard® helped me design a perfect system for my family, it?s amazing!! Now I keep my garage door open for all to see, it?s organized, and absolutely beautiful!!!
- Pam Orland Park, IL
Really Pleased! Our garage needed some major help ? not only was it a mess but the floor was just ugly with all the stains and such. I will agree with the reviewer below ? do not go with the cheap imitators! Floorguard not only has a great product, but their installers and service is well worth any extra cost, which is minimal anyway. Our neighbors have commented on how good our garage looks and we?ve recommended them to Floorguard without hesitation.
The garage looks so good! A+ company on every level. Wish I had another garage to resurface!
My neighbor had a floor done by another company that was new to the industry, boy were they sorry. I went with the experts, Floorguard did an incredible job!!
- Tom T., Orland Park
When it comes to adding value to your business, you can’t go wrong with the superior technology and materials from Floorguard
- Jenny P.
Covering our old, gray garage floor was a great aesthetic and functional improvement. This project requires 2 days: first day preparing the surface (major job requiring right equipment), putting down first coating and sprinkling the flakes. This requires about 4 hours. After this dries, they come back next day and apply the topcoat. They notified us when they would start the work and arrived as promised. They worked diligently, completed the work efficiently, left the work areas and our driveway clean. The owner Steve is a great guy to deal with.
- Bob H.
It was a pleasure dealing with the company’s owner Steve Chaloult. When we called him to give us an estimate, he arranged to come within a few days. We have a very large two car garage. His estimate was a bit more than the first company we called but he seemed very well prepared in showing us samples and very knowledgeable about his product and we just liked him. For personal reasons , we had to delay installation for about a month and he could not be more accommodating. we finally we able to have it done this past week and it was worth the wait. The garage floor is just beautiful and I never would have thought I would say that about a garage floor! We also had the lower walls around the floor done and very glad we did. At one time we were thinking we could do this ourselves using a kit. WHAT were we thinking? This is a job for a professional and we are so glad we used Steve.
- Moira J.
The owner Steve Chaloult was easy to work with and he’s very good at what he does. I highly recommend Floorguard as your contractor if you’re wanting to have a garage floor finished with a durable epoxy like colored finish. Floorguard came when they said they would and cleaned up after they were finished. Floorguard also installs garage storage cabinets.
- Andrew A.
Very responsive, good communicator. Was on time and did a top quality job. Very happy with the outcome.
- Anonymous Homeowner
Great eexperience. Quick and dependable service. High quality. Fair cost.
- John H.