Why Chemical Containment Managers Rave About Epoxy Floors
Commercial and industrial settings require distinct construction materials that conform to the nature of their environment. One of the primary examples of this is a floor coating called epoxy flooring. Chemical containment managers find this invention a marvel of their time. It is both a durable and a reliable surface. Since professionals typically apply it over concrete, this adds to its durability. Commercial and industrial warehouses need to enforce specific safety procedures as they conduct their operations. Epoxy floors have properties that help all types of facilities follow these safety procedures.
How to Apply Epoxy Coatings
The floor should be slightly porous to apply an epoxy coating. It is essential to have a clean surface and any big and wide cracks patched in before the application process. The epoxy coating does not adhere well when applied to an old or an uneven floor (as opposed to a smooth one). Thus, an old and rough floor must be smoothed, cleaned, and your epoxy technician will remove all grease or other substances from the surface. As they begin the process, they will be following a ton manufacturer’s recommendations, including the recommended room temperature. If they apply the epoxy coating under a different heat than the one specified, the epoxy could bubble and peel. The primer goes on before the epoxy coating and should be allowed to set.
Benefits to Avail From Epoxy Coatings
Below are some advantages that highlight the uses of epoxy floor coatings:
– An epoxy floor coating, having been used in industries for years, is capable of adapting to all climates. It requires minimum maintenance, which saves you any additional expenses. Usually, during industrial productions, chemical eruption, leakage or spillage have high chances of occurring. An epoxy flooring, therefore, lowers the dangerous threat from such mishaps due to its chemical resistant property.
– Epoxy coatings can serve as useful reflectors. The shiny gloss surface of the coated flooring allows brightness to be increased by 200% in the light-induced area which adds to the attractiveness of the facility, giving it an aesthetic appearance.
– It can withstand wear and tear from heavy traffic and resists oil stains. Its stain resistant property makes the cleaning process easy and quick.
– An epoxy floor also enhances safety by being an anti-slip surface. Additionally, it contributes to safety precautions by being heat and fire resistant.
– The epoxy coating has eco-friendly benefits that make it an ethical choice. With its excellent strength and durability, it reduces a business’s environmental footprint. It allows swift movement, reduces usage of resources for maintenance, and does not require expensive flooring material to be compatible with it.
– A one-time investment goes a long way when it comes to epoxy floors, and this is solely due to them being cost-efficient. They last for years without another coating and of course, require minimum efforts to maintain, which not only saves time but money as well.
These are just a handful of advantages that epoxy coatings offer, whereas chemical containment managers can obtain quite a few more benefits from them and this is one the reasons why they’re entirely in praise of it.
My garage was so cluttered and a total mess, I was always embarrassed to have the door open! Not anymore!! Floorguard® helped me design a perfect system for my family, it’s amazing!! Now I keep my garage door open for all to see, it’s organized, and absolutely beautiful!!!
- Pam Orland Park, IL
Really Pleased! Our garage needed some major help – not only was it a mess but the floor was just ugly with all the stains and such. I will agree with the reviewer below – do not go with the cheap imitators! Floorguard not only has a great product, but their installers and service is well worth any extra cost, which is minimal anyway. Our neighbors have commented on how good our garage looks and we’ve recommended them to Floorguard without hesitation.
The garage looks so good! A+ company on every level. Wish I had another garage to resurface!
My neighbor had a floor done by another company that was new to the industry, boy were they sorry. I went with the experts, Floorguard did an incredible job!!
- Tom T., Orland Park
When it comes to adding value to your business, you can’t go wrong with the superior technology and materials from Floorguard
- Jenny P.